
I seem to travel quit a bit now that I am a professor at a university. Each year I attend a major conference focusing on horticulture and it always seems to be in the hottest place on earth each year. This past week I was in Orlando, FL and I believe it was the hottest place on earth (except for Phoenix, AZ). I took three of my graduate students with me and we had a good conference. We drove straight through from Morgantown to Orlando in one day (16 hours) and then drove in one day on the way back (16 longer hours). We had some spare time and went minigolfing and went to the ocean at Cocoa Beach. There were jelly fish all over the beach which can be seen on one pic. Also, I had to get a pic of my foot in the ocean. We stopped over to Kennedy Space Center and drove through a horrible thunderstorm to find that they were closing. You can see the thunder clouds behind the rockets, this is the storm we had to drive through from Orlando for about 1 hour. On the way back to WV I took a picture of me next to a sign at a rest area in SC, notice the 16 longer hour look that I have. I was pretty sure there were no smiles left at this point in the trip.

1 comment:
Glad you made it home safely! I missed your daily blogs.
Post a Comment