Thursday, April 30, 2009

Everything American - Baseball, Scouts and Climbing Trees

This past Saturday was opening day for baseball. Michael is now in the pitching league. Kinda scary to watch 8 and 9-year-olds pitch to other 8 and 9-year-olds. In Mike's game on Thursday night the other team's pitcher hit one of their teammates in the head when up to bat, thank goodness for helmets. Mike looks like a real baseball player. He plays center field and is a great hitter.


Wednesday night was advancement night at cub scouts. Mike earned his Wolf.



Davey Tree Company came in today for my class, Landscape Management to discuss urban tree care. During the lab portion we climbed Pin Oaks on campus. Here I am fully harnessed and limb walking.

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

As American as apple pie! Mike looks great as a baseball player! And cub scouts/boy scouts are flying by for me. I can't remember who is what, even at my own house, they continuously ask me to sew on another badge, isn't that process for them to learn to sew? And you probably would only catch me on a tall tree like that if I was dead! So scary!

literaqueen said...

I agree- scary to be up in that tree, even with a harness!