Sunday, April 19, 2009

Beautiful Weekend

I am behind in my blogging and I will try to get caught up.

These were our family Easter Sunday pictures. I twill get the rest of our Easter pictures up this coming week.



Yesterday we had one of the best weather days of the year. It was high 70's without a cloud in the sky, this is quite rare for WV in April. I spent the entire day prepping where we had our pool the past year for our new trampoline. I regraded the site, mulched and put together the trampoline. It only took me 3 hours to put it together with help from 6 children (our 4 + 2 neighbors). The last posted movie is a POV movie where I am shooting it so you can see what jumping in our backyard is like. I had a hard time getting the kids to come inside at night, as seen in the last picture, they really love the trampoline.















While we were working, a biplane flew over the house. We seem to get a lot of unique flying machines over the house here in Morgantown. We have had Apache Army helicopters (flew so low I could have touched it if I was standing on our roof, they were practicing maneuvers for Iraq), a chain of about 10 CH-47 Chinook Army helicopters (the big dual blade types), and the Goodyear Blimp all fly over our house in the past 4 years.


If the rain lets up this week I will be spreading more mulch. I am in the process of making rain barrels (seen in the picture) for our downspouts. I am trying to control the water going out into the yard but also save money for our garden as well. I am redirecting some of our downspouts to my main collection tank (not shown) which is a 275 gallon tank.

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

Your family is beautiful! So much to say...Are you really following the rules on your trampoline? One jumper at a time! Good luck with that one! Kids love to jump (and you do too, apparently). Some people stick big culverts into a cement pad to collect rain water, they store a LOT of rain. Not so pretty though.

literaqueen said...

I wanna come play on the trampoline.