

This past week we met Jen's parents in Ohio at a campground. This was our first opportunity to camp with children and a dog. I highly recommend this experience to everyone. We stayed at Punderson State Park for two nights and there were thunderstorms each night with lightning that lights the night as if it were day. This is always enjoyable when you are staying in a tent in a campground. We had fun anyway, it was really nice during the day. Scooby had not really played with other dogs before and found it interesting to play with Duke (Jen's parent's dog). We celebrated Jen's and Lauren's (Jen's cousin) birthdays while we were there. It was nice having cake and ice cream at the campground. I think Dan enjoyed his smore more than the cake. One evening we went into Middlefield to go to Walmart and KFC and found that Middlefield is a strong Amish community. Part of Walmart's parking lot is for horse and buggy parking only. They even have a barn/shed for the horses to park in when it is hot (see pic). The KFC also had a buggy parking area with horse tethering as well but no barn. We also went to Kirtland, OH to visit LDS church historic sites. This was our third time visiting Kirtland and our first time being able to go through the temple. I took a picture of the kids at the steps of the temple and included the one I took 3 years ago for comparison. It is amazing how fast they grow. When we got back I had to pick berries to maintain a picking schedule for a local blueberry grower who was on vacation this past weekend. We picked berries on Saturday and yesterday (Monday). Yesterday we picked 40 pounds (42 quarts) of blueberries, 10 pounds of raspberries and a couple of pints of blackberries. Again, I really hate horticulture, it is such a horrible field of study.

2 comments:
I feel so sorry for you having to eat all those berries, what will your candy jar do, feeling so lonely and everything! I loved the trip pics! I wouldn't have recognized Lauren had I seen her on the street. But she does look a lot like my kids(cousin). I'm glad you had fun with those rain storms and lightning, what an adventure!
P.S. Tell Jen she looks great! I love her new do.
Post a Comment