
Yesterday we went to Target to buy the kids their school supplies and all we could find was a life-size 'Dan' doll. Actually, Dan fell asleep on the way to the store so I held onto him and took the cart to the pet isle and put a dog bed in the bottom of the cart and placed him in. We were able to get all of our shopping done and Dan had a wonderful nap. I did not buy the dog bed though. I was very proud of Becca today. Painting is one of her most favorite things to do in the whole world and she has become quite good. She painted onto a large picture we had of presidents of the U.S. or something like it and she painted within the lines and not crazy-like as she did when she was younger. Speaking of crazy. I found out today that there was a mini-riot on the WVU farm yesterday. It was caused by peaches. I went out to the farm to help sort and bag peaches and to make sure that I was able to purchase some. We start selling the peaches at 1 P.M. and people had already started to line up at 10:15 A.M. The WVU campus police came out to the farm to direct traffic because there were so many vehicles and then part way through the line the peaches ran out. The people that had been waiting that did not get any were quit mad and began screaming and making a big fuss (so I am told) and the police had to calm them down and send them on there way. Crazy. Again, all because of a bit of horticulture.

3 comments:
Have your peach purchasers been watching too much Tron? Did you get to buy any?
Becca looks so cute in the photo of her with her painting, you seem to really be good at cultivating artists in your family! Bravo!
I got peaches . . . and there wasn't even a riot when I was there. Man, I missed out!
Post a Comment