Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Food, Fun, and Family
The past couple of weeks we have been spending family time getting ready for Christmas. We set up the tree and decorated it. I set up the train and Dan found his favorite spot during this time of year (at the controls of the train). I spent and evening outside putting up the Christmas lights, Becca was the only one to help and she did a great job. Last week I was very happy to find one of my favorite recipes. I was rearranging the inside of the freezer and noticed that we had two venison roasts left from last year's deer. I used one to make a venison roast with brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes with a horseradish sauce. It was wonderful. On Saturday, we attended the Star City Fire truck parade. We live on the last street in Morgantown and right around the corner from us is Star City, WV. Every year they have a fire truck parade where numerous trucks from the neighboring cities and communities get together for a parade with Santa in the last truck. They line all of the trucks at the start of the parade on our street. The kids love seeing Santa in the fire truck waving. My brother in WI, who is a volunteer fire fighter, would have loved the parade. Jen and I were even interviewed by a reporter and made it in the local newspaper. Very exciting!










Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I love all your photos! The one of Dan with the Christmas hat on is great! And Jen, is that a "mom" look in one of your photos???? Like "why the (beep) are you taking my photo at this exact moment, isn't there a better time you could be using the camera?" You are always beautiful!
Oh!!! I almost forgot! The photo of the roast is awesome! I love the colors, very fall! You make a mean presentation, octopi on a bed of seaweed, and now this, and who knows what I have missed in between. It's beautiful! I need to take a few (many) lessons on food presentation, Ryon tells me pie doesn't have the same flavor if it is inside out...is that true?
Wow-- look how clean the living room is! Have the dogs dismantled the tree yet?
Post a Comment