I spent part of Saturday working on the inside of the shed hanging bikes. The shed is not completed yet, all I have to do is finish the roof and siding. We were tired of tripping over bikes in the basement so it was time to get them out. The other part of Saturday was working on the front yard graveyard. We have added some tombstones, lights, planters and a scarecrow. The scarecrow is a pneumatic prop which lunges forward when the air valve is turned. I temporarily put this in place to see how it would look. I plan on changing it to be either a ghost or a skeleton instead of a scarecrow. As I told Jen, a scarecrow doesn't make sense being inside a graveyard. We are already getting people slowing down as they drive by to take a look. This should be the best Halloween yet!
Sunday, September 28, 2008
Begining of Fall and More Halloween
The signs of fall are finally here in WV. It is turning quite brisk here at night and the leaves are changing and some are falling already. Michael has become quite the tree climber in the past few weeks. Our maple in the backyard is already dropping leaves as you can see in the background of Dan swinging.


I spent part of Saturday working on the inside of the shed hanging bikes. The shed is not completed yet, all I have to do is finish the roof and siding. We were tired of tripping over bikes in the basement so it was time to get them out. The other part of Saturday was working on the front yard graveyard. We have added some tombstones, lights, planters and a scarecrow. The scarecrow is a pneumatic prop which lunges forward when the air valve is turned. I temporarily put this in place to see how it would look. I plan on changing it to be either a ghost or a skeleton instead of a scarecrow. As I told Jen, a scarecrow doesn't make sense being inside a graveyard. We are already getting people slowing down as they drive by to take a look. This should be the best Halloween yet!
I spent part of Saturday working on the inside of the shed hanging bikes. The shed is not completed yet, all I have to do is finish the roof and siding. We were tired of tripping over bikes in the basement so it was time to get them out. The other part of Saturday was working on the front yard graveyard. We have added some tombstones, lights, planters and a scarecrow. The scarecrow is a pneumatic prop which lunges forward when the air valve is turned. I temporarily put this in place to see how it would look. I plan on changing it to be either a ghost or a skeleton instead of a scarecrow. As I told Jen, a scarecrow doesn't make sense being inside a graveyard. We are already getting people slowing down as they drive by to take a look. This should be the best Halloween yet!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
O.K. Those pictures are the best, yet. Dan's photo is amazing! I'm confused about the orientation of the fence, are the gates on your driveway or the street side of your yard? You're right, the scarecrow does kind of look out of place. You are amazing to be able to get that all done, and then even more amazing to take it all down before Valentine's Day. Keep posting your pics, they sure are fun!
Post a Comment