I spent part of yesterday getting our high tunnel (unheated greenhouse) together. I hope to have it built and covered before Halloween. It will be 16 x 21'. I plan on growing blueberries, brambles and the rest of the garden in it. This should help quite a bit with our shortened season. I should be ahead of anyone in the area come spring and have a later harvest in the fall as well.
We are still loving our neighborhood. We had another block party to celebrate the end of summer. Our neighbors had a big BBQ/Potluck and then we watched 'Rio' on a screen that was on their garage door. Numerous family from the street where there. It was a lot of fun.
I just bought the only addition that we are going to add to Halloween this year, a giant jumping spider. When you step on a pad it lunges out and makes a cool spooky sound. Halloween is going to be a blast.

1 comment:
hey, we found your blog! i believe we will make the trek up there just to see your halloween mansion! it won't be the same without you in Motown.
Post a Comment