Thursday, March 11, 2010

Disneyland - Day 3

This was our third and final day at Disneyland. We made sure that we rode the couple of rides that we missed on the other two days and did repeats of 'favorite' rides. Here are the four shots from the Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters. Take note that for both of my scores I was ranked and nobody else was. I was able to get ranked at 31st best score of the day! He-he.





Today was also the day that we had as many characters as we could find sign the kid's shirts for a wearable souvenir. Jeanette bought some Disney Pirates of the Caribbean shirts from their Disney store at a great price (Thanks Jeanette!) and I read online where the characters will sign shirts if they are not being worn. I liked this idea because they get to see the signatures that they obtained more often than if they were in some dumb book.





Goofy was a blast. He really liked Michael since he had his Goofy hat on. He kept covering his face for the picture. Funny thing is, this is the same exact thing that Goofy did at the Magic Kingdom in FL. I guess Goofy is Goofy no matter where he is.



I really liked these two shots of the monorail and submarine ride.



In Tomorrowland they have the Jedi training academy which Becca was selected to be trained as a Padawan. Dan almost was selected but the Jedi master told us he was a bit too young.



They were trained to use their sabers to fight the Sith and Becca had to fight Darth Vader. I was a bit jealous and wanted to be fighting him myself but I was able to do something just as cool later in the day (see the last picture).



Here she is with her Jedi Padawan certificate.









Here is a night shot of Mainstreet right before the parade. Disneyland is such a fun place at night.


Here is my highlight of the trip. Jen went off after the parade to go to a shop in Tomorrowland to pick-up a toy that Sam really wanted as a souvenir while I went to the Photoshop on Mainstreet with Becca and Dan to get the Jedi Academy pictures downloaded to our Photopass. She came back and told me that I would never guess who they met. Of course I couldn't and then she told me that she met an employee at the store that played an Ewok in Star Wars Return of the Jedi. I freaked out and couldn't believe that she didn't call me. I am a bit of a Star Wars fan. I asked if she could take us all back to meet her and we did. Even though the store was closing because it was past the park closing hour, I was still able to get a picture. This is me and Margo Apostolos. She was the Ewok Tokkat, which was one of the Ewoks that carried C-3PO on the throne through the Ewok village. Great ending to a great day. Way cool!


No comments: