Saturday, May 30, 2009

This past Wednesday I met with a commercial grower that was 1 hour North East of Niagara Falls in NY to discuss using hornfaced bees for blueberry pollination. Since I had to go, it was family roadtrip time to go see Niagara Falls. After meeting with the grower we stopped at Lake Ontario before heading into Canada.


We stayed at the Great Wolf Lodge in Niagara Falls, Canada. This was my first time spending the night in Canada. The hotel has a indoor waterpark and was a blast.



I purchased an underwater case for my Sony camera to use for our trip to Hawaii and took it along for a 'wet' run. It was fun getting movies and pictures without worrying about the water, it worked great! This was the Woolly Mammoth ride and I was able to document that Dan did not like this ride.





This was the Niagara Rapids Run and was Sam's favorite ride.



On Thursday we had an international pancake experience by eating breakfast at IHOP in Canada.


After breakfast we headed to see the Falls and it was quite amazing. I understand why everyone told us to go over to the Canadian side to view the falls. The first shots are of the American Falls.




These shots are of the Canadian Falls (Horseshoe Falls). The picture below shows the size of the falls. The picture that follows is of the kids sitting at the top of the falls (the wall can be seen in the right-hand side of the picture immediately below).








Mike said that watching the water flow over the Falls made him feel sea sick.


On the way back to WV I asked the kids which they enjoyed more, the Falls or the waterpark hotel. The answer was a quick, waterpark.

2 comments:

literaqueen said...

I'm with Mike. I think the Falls would make me feel a little queasy.

Crystal D said...

I love it. These pictures are great. Dan is really going to use that video against you some day. :)