Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day and Ballet

Yesterday was Valentine's Day. I bought Jen a dozen long stemmed red roses and Dan decorated his face. The WVU Horticulture Club (I am one of the faculty advisors) was having a fundraiser selling roses and they did an excellent job. The roses were some of the most beautiful and perfect that I have ever seen. The buds opened perfectly, even the sepals were nearly perfect.



It ended up being a very busy day overall. We celebrated by running all over town. I took the three boys to a Primary activity where they had a ice cream party for memorizing the Articles of Faith. They received one ice cream topping for each Article that they memorized. Jen took Becca to the mall where they were having a fundraiser for a local ballet school. There were multiple activity stations for crafts and she also had a ballet lesson. She went with a friend and enjoyed the theme of 'Princesses'.



The night before we went to Washington, PA to an outlet store to get new shoes for all of the kids. The best part was that our family assisted in the economic stimulus plan by stopping at a company (Krispy Kreme) which is in trouble of going bankrupt. We wanted to make sure that we support a company that should not disappear because of troubled economic times. We did find out that they no longer give out free donuts even when the 'Hot Now' sign is blinking like they used to. Bummer.




2 comments:

Jeanette said...

That is such a bummer about the "hot" sign at Krispy Kreme not giving you a free doughnut, but they still give away one doughnut for every A on a report card up to 6. That means that I actually went in and came out with 2 dozen free doughnuts not too long ago, I guess I'm helping them go bankrupt! :)I'm sorry;)

literaqueen said...

Krispy Kreme is in danger of going bankrupt? Yikes! I'd better go buy some donuts!

LOVED the picture of Becca the ballerina.